Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The tale of a medical check-up!

I am sick. That does not mean I am mentally, morally, or emotionally deranged, corrupt, or unsound. That means I have fever and a terrible cough which has made me miss office today. With enough background established, let's talk about the medical check-up I had by some Dr. X yesterday (I don't remember his name!) comparing it side-by-side with the possible version where I replace Dr. X with Dr. Gregory (sarcastic and super-cool) House from the TV series "House MD".

Enter the sick patient in the examination room (that's me).
Dr. X : What's wrong with you?
Me : I have fever and cough

Dr. House (He is busy catching some TV soap. He has a look at you and then): You have fever and cough! (That's how awesome he is!)

Dr. X : Do you smoke?
Me : No

Dr. House : Ur lips suggest you don't smoke! (Again!!)

Dr. X and Dr. House: Since when do have cough?
Me : 4 days
Dr. X : OK
Dr. House : You are lying! U have it since more than a week. U have come here today coz u have fever too. But that's OK. Patients lie, Everybody lies.

Dr. X (After the typical check-up) : You have Bronchitis. Take this prescription and you will be fine.
Dr. House (After a very very short version of the typical check-up when the TV soap has a advertisement break) : You have Bronchitis! Take this prescription and let me watch TV.

1 comment:

Swapnil said...

Where is your favorite Dr. Tobb and 13?