Thursday, February 26, 2009

A typical day turns Atypical

When 15 minutes make ur typical day..what shuld i say..special/eventful? I leave that decision to you :P.

Here goes the story : 26th Feb 2009, a beautiful Thursday morning till the moment I got out of bed ;). I reach the office, park my bike in basement and walk leisurely towards the lift lobby. I see a guy rushing to get an open lift. And I tell myself "Why Hurry! I will take the next one!". I see a lift at the basement floor awaiting my push button instruction to take me to the office floor. And I tell myself "Tada!". The lift lifts me to floor no.3. And here's where the story takes a twist. The lift door does not open!! Bringing my engineering experience into picture, I go up and down each floor in order to get out. Obviously, it did not work :P. I confidently push the Emergency call button. Ooops, I get a busy tone :-). Following the failure of rescue plan 1, I went for plan 2 i.e. push another emergency button, which blew a siren which sounded loud enough to me, but I was not sure whether anybody else heard it. So with both emergency options tried and failed, it was time to find another plan. I checked my cellphone and found that Airtel towers are within range on higher floors. So, I managed to call a friend which set up the rescue operation in process. After whole 15 minutes, I was out and ready to sip coffee and stumble for the rest of the day ;).

And yeah, I again used the same lift twice on the same day :-). Call that courage eh? ;)

No comments: