Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bangalore diaries - Chapter 1

My memory begins with the crack of dawn on 31st July 2006 when Rajdhani express arrived on Bangalore central station. Being armed with a address of the Adobe guest house, phone numbers of some friends and the advice to take a prepaid auto only, I took my first steps in Bangalore. The handle of my bag broke up with me within couple of minutes to make the morning a bit more eventful. Though I had to give the auto driver 20 bucks extra, I was relatively happy with the way I had managed with the auto driver on my first day when I reached my first destination : Pai comforts, JP Nagara, Bangalore. I joined Adobe the next day and after 4 long years, my first stint with this city has ended.
In these 4 years, I have lived in 3 different houses with different sets of people. And ended up collecting memories whose binary value is 10+ GB. The jumbo prawns treat whose jumbo bill became the talk of the IITK kingdom, the n number of trips with either Mtech or office gang and the elementary Photoshop lecture I gave at IISC are few of the events whose memories I will always cherish. Some of the pictures which have been splattered on facebook or orkut depict the good times I had here visiting new places, keeping in touch with old friends and making new ones at office. And then there are some memories which can't be captured by your camera lens nor can they be memorized completely. The saturday morning conversations with Anna over the first few years we stayed together along with the nonsensical lunch or hallway conversations full of laughter and banter at Adobe will always be cherished among the good times . Ofcourse there were some rainy days, but then those are the days that make you appreciate the sunny days even more.
It's never easy to embrace change, especially when it's self-inflicted. But then in chase of a foolish childhood romantic dream, I had to move on. I can always take solace in the fact that there is this warm and sunny corner in my heart filled with wonderful memories to visit whenever some more rain comes along my way. The Bangalore chapter forms a significant part of this corner :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice arrival to bangalore, Now you enjoyed Bangalore.

Kpn Travels of Bus Tickets through TicketGoose.com with simple money transaction procedures.
You Can also select seats, Book return Tickets and also cancel Tickets Online